'Rains keep failing on my head'

Welcome to the raining season

Thursday, February 25, 2010

A day in Paddy field with my dad

When I back my hometown for Chinese New Year, I took a visit with dad to his friend's paddy field. It was a blessing cloudy day, most suitable day for out walking and take photo. It's amazing to see endless paddy field and enjoyed the warm wind. ^^

It sure know where to find food (steal the ripe paddy).

A resting point for the dragonfly.

Water gate, use to control the water level in the paddy field.

Fern grows on the burned trees.

Bamboo.

The butterfly is ready to take off.

The most common dragonfly in paddy field.

Flower of Kangkung, also known as Chinese Spinach or Swamp Cabbage (Ipomoea aquatica).

Unripe paddy.

Putting the paddy into the basket.

Choosing and cutting the ripe paddy, using a simple blade.

Ripe paddy.

One of the paddy field scenery.

My dad, he he...

Immature paddy.

Carry the paddy back to the little house.

Tropical icon, palm trees.

Jack-fruit, seem rotten but still eatable.

Papaya tree full with flower, as far as I know this kind of papaya wouldn't bear any fruit (I wonder if it is uni-sexual plant).

They called it bridge! I called it stick. We have to cross this 'bridge' to go to the paddy field.

Un-ripe banana.

Wild flower, quite common.

Cangkok manis, local vegetable, that's the seeds.

Besides paddy, they also plan sugar cane for sell.

Red-paddy.

White-paddy.

Endless paddy field.

Look up into sky.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice, ada.. makes me really wanna visit your gua now. :)

    ReplyDelete