'Rains keep failing on my head'

Welcome to the raining season

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Weird creature - Moonrats


When I tidy up my pictures and i came cross to this little fellow which really interesting me. We (me and my supervisor) found it walking from the golf field toward our office building. At the first glance, I said "There is a pig!!" (please forgive my lack of common knowledge) Then I said "It looks like pig.." When it almost reach our building, I said "Its not a pig!" So I grab the camera and rush down to give this little fellow a warm welcome. (Actually I stare at it like I saw an alien, not sure what to do. Feel a bit creepy to see those feet on that body, like chicken feet on pig body?)

After doing some research,I just know he is a "moonrat", nice name huh? But it have very strong odor, that we stay 1 meter away from it. (Poor guy) It suppose to be a nocturnal animal but we found it in the middle of daytime, guess it must be so hungry and have to risk its life to come out and find for food.

In the end, me and my supervisor chase it back to the direction of the golf field. (Its a burrow animal) We believe he belong to there. I hope it can find some food for himself and don't hit by the golf. May God bless you mate!

2 comments:

  1. HA HA HA!!! A PIG? zoologist apa ni?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Control bryan, don't laugh too much, you will spoil your gentleman image, aha! (I got the same reaction from my supervisor too, so bad...) From far it really looks like piggy, but there is no way got piggy wondering around at Unimas, hahaha...

    ReplyDelete